Monday, February 21, 2011

Why did the predicted 14-16 month wait for Molly Kate turn into a FIVE YEAR WAIT???

Luckily for you, this post won't be nearly as long as my last one, because my answer to the above question is simple----- I have NO CLUE why the wait to adopt a baby from China has become SO long! There is one thing I DO know, though.  I truly believe when Roger and I made the decision to adopt, God chose THE ONE AND ONLY BABY GIRL that HE intended to be ours.  It just so happened that she wasn't born until 3 1/2 years after we had applied to adopt, and for some other unknown reason, God wanted her to be 17 months old when we adopted her.  SO.....even though our wait for Molly Kate has been long, it has been bearable because we KNEW all along we were waiting for the baby girl who was going to be THE PERFECT ONE for us!!!!

Now, I have to admit since we've received our pictures of Molly Kate, I have looked at them MANY times and marveled as to why THIS child is the one HE chose for us.  Don't take me wrong---we think she is perfect through and through, and even though we have yet to see her in person....to touch her....to hold her tightly in our arms.....we wouldn't trade her for ANY other baby for ANY reason!!!!  But WHY THIS ONE?  Why did He choose a baby girl who was abandoned in the Jiangxi province of China to be the  perfect one for us?  It is just all so MINDBOGGLING and AMAZING!!!!  Of course, I think God threw a little humor into the match, too.....we've been told our Molly Kate is quiet, shy, and bashful----quite the OPPOSITE of all of us!!!  Oh well....we will SEE how long she stays that way!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment