Monday, February 28, 2011

DAY 1 and DAY 2 OF OUR CHINA ADVENTURE

DAYS 1 - 2 OF OUR CHINA ADVENTURE
I know I've shared bits and pieces of what's been going on in our lives since we left for China.  I want to try to share a little bit more about what has been going on since we arrived here. 
We didn't get in to Hong Kong until almost midnight on Friday night, which would have been 10 AM on Friday at home.  It was quiet a relief to arrive at our destination after almost 28 hours of travel!!!  I don't think I had fully realized that we had literally traveled to the other side of the world to get our precious daughter, until this moment.  When we arrived at the Hong Kong Airport, our guide, Matthew, was waiting at the gates, holding up the CCAI sign so we would know our fearless leader for the next couple of days had arrived.  We headed to our hotel, which was the Hyatt Shatin Hotel.  It was quite a relief to be able to take a bath and crawl into a comfortable bed!!!  The hotel was probably the nicest we've ever stayed in.
On Saturday, we took a tour of Hong Kong.  Needless to say, it would  take DAYS to see everything in Hong Kong!  It really is a very pretty city---I just happen to prefer Benton!!!  We saw several historical sites, and then did some shopping at the Stanley Market.  We had a very nice authenic Chinese lunch.  I've learned that NOTHING in China tastes like the Chinese food in our LOCAL Chinese restaurants!  After lunch, we went back to the hotel, and---you guessed it----we all three took a NAP!!!!!!  That night we went with one of the other couples in our travel group and rode the train to a local mall.  It was something to see----SEVEN floors of stores!!!!!!  Once we got back to the hotel, I got everything packed to leave the next morning for Nanchang, and then I had a good sit down talk with God about the upcoming day.  When I finally went to bed, HE gave me a wonderful night's sleep so I would be ready for our GOTCHA DAY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment